IDEMS International is looking for social impact enablers to support a variety of exciting projects with high social impact and global reach. We are expanding and expect to recruit multiple candidates through the course of the next year. We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience working towards social impact and the ability to work simultaneously on diverse projects in different sectors and for different geographic locations.
- Proven ability to develop partnerships with stakeholders in the Global North and Global South.
- An interest in working with technical experts who are committed to developing open technological solutions, and the ability to support them to achieve more by understanding both technical and practical perspectives.
- A desire to work in international development and the ability to support our partner teams in Africa and beyond.
- A passion for contributing to complex social challenges and the ability to communicate well and represent IDEMS to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- An understanding of evidence-based approaches to development and/or research methodologies used to measure social impact within the context of the Global South.
- A willingness to prioritise wellbeing over wealth and the ability to accept terms benchmarked on university rather than UN-type rates.
IDEMS (Innovations in Development, Education and the Mathematical Sciences) International is a not for profit Community Interest Company and has an expanding range of projects, focused on social impact, across diverse sectors. Our projects are highly collaborative with researchers and development organisations. IDEMS’ role in projects is primarily technical and we have a team with strong mathematical science and software development skills. We are looking for enablers who can support our technical team and engage with our collaborators in order to increase social impact outcomes.
IDEMS offers permanent staff fully flexible working terms but expects all staff to act responsibly with respect to their workload and company finances. We also have mechanisms to work with people on a part-time, contract and volunteer basis.
We are looking for staff members, who would start on a standard probationary period. Appointments would be expected to be involved in multiple projects and represent IDEMS in interactions with our partners. Partnerships on existing projects include:
Staff members may also be able to instigate their own partnerships, either by bringing existing organisational collaborations with them or creating new ones. This would simply require the new projects to align with IDEMS principles and not have negative financial implications for IDEMS. IDEMS aims to give all staff members a say in how surpluses are used for reinvestment and to support of our community.
Informal enquiries are welcome at: enquiries ( at ) idems (dot) international